[Previous entry: "Homeward Bound"] [Next entry: "Matisse's Blog"]
01/01/2006: "Happy 2006"
It's funny how when I'm writing in this thing every day I always have a thousand things to say, but once I take a few days off, nothing seems "important" enough to write about. But seeing as how it's the start of a new year, I thought I better give it a try. So, below is a list of things I’d like to accomplish in 2006.
1. Decide on some form of gallery representation.
2. Apply for a show somewhere I'm likely to get rejected (I *never* do this).
3. Finish paying off my last credit card. (debt free, debt free, debt free…and living within my means).
4. Write more "real" letters to my dad and grandparents.
5. Spend more time volunteering.
6. become healthier
7. Have people over more often and attend at least every other thing that I'm invited to (I'm getting too anti-social).
8. ooops, I changed my mind about this one.
9. I’m reading “The Seven Habits of Highly Successful People” and I’m only at the first habit but it explains the difference between someone who is reactive and someone who is proactive (yes, I hate these buzz words too but…) I realized how reactive I am. There was a list, like “The reactive person does X” and I kept thinking “shit, I do that”...so, I'd like to be more proactive.
10. Get more organized.
11. SPEND LESS TIME WATCHING TV!
12. Wake up earlier on work days.
13. Try one new thing that really scares the hell out of me (not heroine or anything...but you know.."expand my comfort zone").
...so, I guess that's more than enough for now, it seems like the majority of you all decided not to do resolutions but I find that even though it may be an artificial construct, the start of a new year is a good time to give the old routines a tune up (speaking of which, I just realized I haven't changed my guitar strings in almost 6 months!).