11/18/2004: "T Minus 14"
OK, it is exactly 2 weeks until my opening. TWO *WEEKS*! Well, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. I've decided to only print out a small number of invitations and invite everyone I know via email. Also, I need to get a press release into the paper, like, today, in fact, it may already be too late. The truth is, I'm kindof dragging my heals because I'm not sure how much advertising for this show I really want.
Last time they used a huge image of mine for the front of the Arts and Entertainment section and I think it drew a larger than normal crowd for me. I'm not sure I want a large crowd if it is only going to be to witness my failure (though I doubt they'd feature me twice anyway). Still, I don't want to not get any kind of crowd at all and feel stupid all night. Well, I'm running out of time to make this decision, I guess not deciding is its own kind of decision. I have to ask if anyone else has ever been in this predicament and if so, what did you decide? Or, what would you decide if you were in my situation? Please, I'm getting desperate over here!