06/21/2005: "Art Matters"
I normally donít add framing hardware to my frames, they have a deep profile and I just rest them on a nail or two but I can't do this for the July 1st show. So I went to a local framing shop called ďArt MattersĒ where I met the owner (I think) Kayla, who helped me pick out the right kinds of hanging hardware for all 11 pieces at no charge. That was *very* cool of her.
When I was getting ready to leave I saw that she had one of my show invitations hanging up and I said ďhey, thatís meĒ and she said that she really loved my stuff and was maybe interested in a few of my prints etc. plus she plans to come to the July 1st show. That made me feel really good and I said Iíd mention what a great framing shop she has (it is great) for any of you local people who need to get stuff framed, I highly recommend her.
Anyway, Iím making my little checklist of what I still need to do:
1. title cards and pricing
2. business cards (with images from this show which I canít do until I actually finish them).
3. press release (they still havenít told me what the hours for the opening will be)
4. finishing the paintings (thatís a big one)
5. shrink wrapping prints from Rain Country show to put in the prints bin and pricing of prints (does anyone know if itís bad taste to have prints from a different show in the print bin?)
6. mail out invitations. Iím not sure about this one because my invitations are of the old version of the musical saw painting but I get to use the JAHC mailing list and bulk permit so I feel like I should probably take advantage of that.
Anyway, still a lot to do. My sister and her family may be coming in tomorrow night. My house and car are both very torn apart at the moment. Not very good timing but Iíd really like to see them. As you may have guess, I declined waiting a month for the opening...I don't want it hanging over my head while I'm on vacation.
Oh yah, any suggestions on which two images I should send to the paper?